Thursday, September 20, 2007

Tadaa...!

Look what I did last night!!! (And yes, that would be the new blocking board you (sort of) see in the background!) I was always so intimidated by these techniques, but they're really not that hard...now to find an appropriate project to tackle to do something more complicated than a rectangle...!

Fair Isle swatch:


Intarsia swatch:


On another note, I did something last week that I still can't believe I actually did!! A couple of girlfriends and I went to the local fireman's calendar release party last week (all money goes to the local burn fund, so why not, right?). All required flirting ensued. And then I chickened out and went to hang out on the dance floor with my friend. Well, at the end of the night, I decided that nothing's ever going to happen if I don't make it happen, so I wrote my number on a piece of paper and walked up to one of the firemen (the one I was most attracted to, and who I thought was a bit of a goof!) and after a bit of small talk/more flirting, I essentially gave him my number, and told him to call me, that I thought we should go out. People, I didn't even know if the guy was single or not at the time! (They have to be unmarried to be in the calendar, but that doesn't mean they're all unattached.) Well, he called, and we're meeting for drinks sometime this coming week.
I'm so proud of myself...that is soooo out of character for me. Yes, I'm incredibly assertive, but that seems not to apply when it comes to guys. Maybe that's changing?

2 comments:

Beverly said...

That is so awesome! Good for you! You'll have to let us know how it goes.

kemtee said...

Woo hoo! Working both the color and the angles. Good for you. Hey, what the heck. You don't know until you try.