Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I wonder...

If I made some blank greeting cards with some of my more spectacular (!) landscape photos and put them up in an etsy store, would anyone buy them?

In other news, my blocking board is done! Being an apartment dweller with no extra mattresses, and seeing as how ironing boards only come in the one size, I had to come up with an alternate solution.
Let me tell you, getting a 4'x8' piece of foamboard home in a Mazda Protege was an adventure in and of itself! Well, I actually had to crack it in half and take it home *on* my Protege (thank goodness for the bungee cords that live in my trunk!), but I only lost one corner chunk to the wind gods.

Behold the blocking board:


The teacher of my intermediate knitting class suggested that we take a ruler to the fabric store and try to get a gingham in a regular size (1"x1", etc.) to make laying out the FO and pinning it to size easier. Well, I managed to find some 1/4"x1/4" gingham in PURPLE!!! Score!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for a blocking board!

Lauren said...

What a good idea! I'll have to do that sometime.