Saturday, October 27, 2007

Blogstalking - week 6...

It's not as exciting as I'd wish it to be, but it is long!

I decided to wait until Tuesday to take the photos for this blogstalking post, because that was the night of my SnB gathering (“meeting” sounds too formal) at a local pub, but wouldn’t you know that I got stuck at work late on Tuesday and wasn’t able to go to the SnB after all.

A typical day for me involves struggling out of bed at around 8:00am

(much as I’d like to be up and at work earlier, it never seems to happen; I’m NOT a morning person), getting dressed and ready to go, grab a glass of juice and heading out the door.
This is my apartment:

And this is the elementary school across from my apartment:

If I’m not running late, I walk to work, which takes me about 20 mins.
This is what I pass on my walk to work:



If I’m running late, or if it’s miserable outside (meaning pissing rain), I’ll drive, although I’m so close to work that if I get red lights all the way, it literally doubles the time it takes for me to get there! The only other time I’ll drive is if I have to go to a client site, like today. There are 2 reasons for this: a) they’re usually too far for me to walk to, as they’re mostly in the industrial parks of our city and I live pretty much downtown and b) I usually have to take my laptop and a bunch of reference material with me, and I’m not trekking that on my back.
This is the street my office is on:


This is my office:

Once I’m at work, I sit on my butt all day, working on the computer.
This is my desk:

That’s one of the things that I’m really starting to dislike about my job. Although I didn’t like the repetitiveness of what I was doing in my previous job, this monotony is worse.
If I happen to be at a client site, I’m usually sitting on my butt there, too, working at my computer or auditing them (their quality system, SOPs, other documents). There’s a very slim chance that I could be doing a walk-around audit, or executing a protocol, but that’s rare.

I’ve started bringing my knitting with me to work so that I can have a real break from what I’ve been working on at lunchtime.

After work, I head back home. Now, at least, the temperature on the way home is usually about the same as it was on the way to work, so I don’t have to carry a bunch of layers back home. The roof of the church next to my apartment building is frosting over every morning now, which means that the temp is going below zero (°C) overnights, so we’ll have snow soon. We usually have snow fall before Halloween, and it usually starts sticking around sometime in mid- November, although this year it might hold off until after Halloween!!
This is what I see on my walk home from work:




Evenings mean one of several things: going to class (I’m usually taking something if travel for work isn’t imminent – it was knitting up until a few weeks ago, photography last year; not sure what it’s going to be next), going to a SnB gathering, going to my parents’ place for dinner (and/or laundry), doing errands – laundry, groceries, etc. – or just hanging out at home, watching any one of a ton of TV shows that I seem to be addicted to while doing any number of crafty or cleaning-type things. The TV is usually on pretty much all the time when I’m at home – there’s either something I want to watch, or it’s on as background noise (when there isn’t even anything I want to have on in the background, I’ll turn it off and listen to music).

That’s it! That’s a typical day in my life. Booooring. :)
Weekends usually mean meeting friends at some point, maybe heading over to my parents’ place. I always seem to be busy, but when I go to tell someone just what I’ve been up to, it never seems like much!

1 comment:

deirdre said...

Sounds a lot like my day, but not nearly as boring, if you can believe it!