Friday, November 09, 2007

Another Foliage Finished, and Tree Jacket Progress

So I've finished another Foliage hat, this time in blue, for my Christmas gift exchange with my girlfriends!


Pattern: Foliage, from knitty.com, by Emilee
Yarn: Ram Wools Inca Silk, 80% alpaca, 20% silk
Needles: 4.0mm (The pattern calls for 4.5, but I didn't have any, so I tried my luck with 4.0 - they worked, and it turned out great!)
Time to knit: 2 evening and a wait at the doctor's office
Details on Ravelry here

I've also made some progress on my Very First Sweater, the Tree Jacket, by Zephyr Girls. I'm knitting this in the SKC KAL, which has been very cool - I love seeing how other people are knitting this, and what modifications they're doing to make it better fit their bodies. I'm going to be switching from 5.0mm circ to a 4.5mm circ at the point in the photo. I'm pretty chesty, and have been following the directions for the Large, but I'm thinking that it's going to hang too loose at the bottom, so rather than try and figure out some way of decreasing without messing up the pattern, I'm just switching to slightly smaller needles. I've put in a life line (thanks SnB girls!), so if it does end up fitting too tightly, I can easily frog it back and leave it on the larger needles. (Tree Jacket on Ravelry)

1 comment:

Eryn said...

The sweater looks gorgeous! I love the idea of just sizing down needles. I will probably need that trick myself :)