Friday, February 01, 2008

A probable hiatus...

Good News: I have taken the first couple of steps in starting my own business!
Bad News: I won't have nearly as much time (or energy) to blog as I usually would (which isn't much to begin with.)

I have reserved my business name, have the name registration and home-business registration applications all filled out (will probably submit them Tuesday), have my table reserved at a local spring craft show, and have a domain and website hosting plan purchased. I've also got an etsy site ready to go, but that will have to wait until I have some samples to take photos of and post. And I've hopefully got an appointment with my accountant this week to get the tax crap all sorted out. No point in doing it wrong all year only to get completely stressed out in 1 year's time, right?
I got the e-mail set up and working with Thunderbird tonight, and am going to move onto getting a basic web site up and running next.
I also have to choose photos and get supplies so that I can get my cards made in time for the show!
And I have 3 weeks to do all this in!! (So I'm sure you understand why I might not be back here in a while...)
I will try my best to keep up with Blogstalking (although I couldn't see a post on what we were to post about this week), and keep you updated as to my progress in getting my business up and running.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Eryn said...

Good luck! Be sure to give us links when everything's up and running.